Monday, July 5, 2010

This is our last day in Cambodia and it feels weird to be saying I'm going home because this has been my home for almost a month now.

Yesterday we spent the day at the pool just relaxing and enjoying our last full day. It was absolutely wonderful.

Then that night we went to the center just to hang out with the girls and enjoy spending time with them. When James and Athena got here they brought the game Twister so we decided to try it out. It was absolutely hilarious. Girls were falling all over each other and laughing hysterically. Poor Phirum, his little body couldn't stretch across the mat very well because he is so small. He sure did give his best efforts though with a bunch of sarcastic complaining yells. My stomach hurt because I was laughing so hard. It really was a great way to end our time with the girls.


I feel so honored to be able to spend time with these amazing human beings. We are around the same age and I cannot even imagine all the things they have gone through. The strength they have is unbelievable. I am so thankful that God has given me this experience. Cambodia has definitely gotten into my blood and is apart of me now.

A big thank you goes out to James, Athena, Summer, and Joanna. They are the reason we were able to survive here. They have been so supportive through this entire trip.

Another thank you goes to all of you reading this. You are the reason we were able to get here emotionally and financially.

I will have to update my last group of pictures when I get to the airport because I forgot my camera at the apartment. I will continue to update in the airports until we get safely home.

No comments:

Post a Comment